LiveTiles Vibe allows you to reach out to employees with short, sharp, actionable questions or requests for information. This allows them to respond within seconds, in whatever channel they are, and continue with their day, reducing the cognitive load of jumping between multiple systems.
- Application Permissions
- Creating a Vibe
- Cancelling a Vibe
- Responding to a Vibe
- Unsubscribe from Vibe
- Vibe Reports
Vibe is a SaaS application with no installation or deployment requirements. It only requires basic permissions that a user will be prompted to consent to during their first login. The permissions requested are seen in the below screenshot from the standard Microsoft Authentication flow.
Note: Only administrators will be able to consent on behalf of the organization. Users will also only be able to consent if their directory configuration allows this.
- Vibe currently supports the creation of Vibes by users signed-in with an Office 365 account.
- Vibes are currently supported via Email as the channel of delivery to your recipients. We are looking to expand the available channels as we get feedback from users.
- The Vibes available at the moment do not allow for customization. We are already working on functionality to allow customized Vibes that would allow questions, answers and branding specific to your organization or team.
- "In-place" responses, i.e. the ability for a recipient to respond directly in their email via the buttons or other UI components, is only possible in email clients that support Microsoft's Actionable Messages. At present, this is limited to Outlook only (both desktop and web versions). Vibes received in other clients will have an HTML fallback that will redirect users to a Web-version in order to respond.
Creating a Vibe
LiveTiles Vibe Creator Wizard
You will be able to access the Wizard from our website, or via marketing content received in email.
Select a Vibe
- Choose an applicable category that you would like to select a Vibe from. We have 4 categories as part of our launch campaign. These are:
- Featured - A list of featured cards;
- Wellness - Cards focused on employee wellness;
- Alignment - Cards with questions around team alignment;
- Engagement - Cards to gauge employee engagement;
- Once you selected the applicable category, you can browse through the available cards for that category by using the arrows on the carousel.
- When happy with the card selected, hit 'Next'.
- If you are not yet authenticated into your O365 account, you will be prompted to do so on the Recipients screen.
- Follow the standard Microsoft authentication flow for this. (This is also where the consent step will occur, mentioned in the Application Permissions section above)
- Once signed in, start adding recipients who you would like to send the Vibe to. Addresses will auto complete based on your contact list. (Note: Distribution groups are not supported at the moment since each address specified will only allow 1 response to a Vibe)
- You are also able to paste in a list of comma-separated emails.
- Once done, hit 'Next'.
Schedule your Vibe
There are two options for scheduling your Vibe, as a once only or on a recurring basis.
The Vibe will send once only for each of the days that is selected. This allows a Vibe to be scheduled for a couple of days around a particular event.
- Select the day(s) that you would like to send your Vibe. By default, today is selected.
- Select the time that you would like to send your Vibe. This is in your local timezone, and the default time is set 1 hour in the future.
- Select 'Once Only'.
- Accept the T&Cs.
- Hit 'Finish'.
Note: If you select the same day with a time only a short time into the future, and by the time the wizard is completed that time has passed, the Vibe will be scheduled for the following week at that time.
These Vibes will recur on an ongoing basis every day(s) that is selected, on a weekly basis.
- Select the day(s) that you would like to send your Vibe. By default, today is selected. Multiple days in the same week can be selected.
- Select the time that you would like to send your Vibe. This is in your local timezone, and the default time is set 1 hour in the future. The Vibe will be sent at the same time every day that is selected.
- Select 'Weekly'.
- Accept the T&Cs.
- Hit 'Finish'.
You will see a confirmation screen with all the details of your completed Vibe.
You will also receive a confirmation email with the detail of your scheduled Vibe. From this email, you are also able to Cancel a Vibe.
Cancelling a Vibe
Existing Vibes can be stopped via the confirmation email that was sent to the Vibe Creator after completing the wizard.
Hitting the 'Cancel' link will open a web page with the Vibe's details. Clicking the 'Stop Vibe' button will cancel the Vibe.
Responding to a Vibe
Recipients who were added to the Vibe during configuration, will receive the Vibe in their mailbox at the scheduled time.
Vibes are sent from email@example.com. In order to ensure correct behavior, make sure this address is added to your 'Safe Senders' list.
Supported Email Clients
Once the interaction with the Vibe is completed, the card (whether in email or the browser) will update to the below confirmation.
Non-supported Email Clients
For non-supported email clients, a HTML fallback will be displayed with a 'Respond' button. Clicking this will render the Vibe in a browser window, in order for these users to respond.
Unsubscribe from Vibe
Any recipient is able to opt out of receiving future Vibes if they wish to do so. This can be done by clicking the 'unsubscribe' link in the bottom of all of the Vibe-related emails.
Alternatively, they can manage all of their subscription preferences for all Vibes that they may be on the recipient list for by clicking the 'subscription preferences' link.
Note: For Vibe Creators, if a recipient has unsubscribed and opted out of 'all current and future campaigns', then they will NOT receive any Vibes going forward, even if they are newly added to Vibes as recipients.
The Monday after a Vibe you created was sent to your audience, you will receive an automated email report with the responses of your Vibe.