This release contains new features, changes, improvements, and resolved issues. If an entry here is a result of a bug report or feature request, the relevant ID number (#xxxx) will be at the end of the entry.
It is required to have 6.63 or any hotfix installed before upgrading to this version.
Please check previous release notes if you are not upgrading from the latest version.
This release supports the following environments:
- Office 365 Tenant and Azure
- SharePoint Server 2013
- SharePoint Server 2016
- SharePoint Server 2019
Please note: As the SharePoint Modern experience platform and development framework is too far behind SharePoint Online, the Wizdom on Modern SharePoint experiences capabilities are currently not supported on SharePoint Server 2019.
Changes and improvements
- Cafeteria Menu (Classic): Users will now be informed if the cafeteria they are attempting to delete has any old menus associated with it.
- Corporate News (Classic): Imageless news items now have placeholder images to prevent alignment issues.
- Policy Index (Classic/Modern): The Policy Index news web part will display all policies based on the "Valid to" date selected for the policy page.
- Noticeboard (Classic): Item modals will now close when clicking outside of the window of a previously created item.
- Noticeboard (Classic): The web part will now "go to top" upon clicking pagination links.
- Noticeboard (Modern): The image cropping feature will now also be applied to translation images.
- Administration(Principal Group Timerjob): #23667 - Performance increase and timeout added to Azure AD search.
- Corporate News (Modern): #23992, #23677 - The corporate news web part will display all news based on the "Valid to" date selected for the news page.
- Corporate News (Modern): Render error when 'view all' exceeds 100+ items has been fixed.
- Mega Menu (Modern): #24594 - Dropdowns will no longer disappear on mouse move on SP 'Standard' template.
- Megamenu (Modern): #25353 - The Megamenu's hover effect will be disabled while the Powerpanel is open.
- Noticeboard (Modern): #24972 - Noticeboard dialogues will now display the date in the same format as in the overview.
- Noticeboard (Modern): The default language toggle will now align with the current browser language.
- Noticeboard (Modern): #25570, 25638 - YouTube news items will now be displayed correctly on the card template.
- Noticeboard (Modern): #25858 - Items' options ellipsis will be hidden from users with no editing permissions on the Powerpanel.
- Noticeboard (Modern): #24314 - Items' dates will now be displayed according to the current culture.
- Noticeboard (Modern): Uncaught TypeError occurring when changing filters has been fixed.
- Noticeboard (Modern): 'Please fill in all required fields' error will now be visible when creating an item with missing required fields.
- Noticeboard (Modern): The placeholder will now still be visible when the toolbar has been disabled.
- Noticeboard (Modern): #25254, #25792 - Today's date being displayed as tomorrow's date error has been fixed.
- Noticeboard (Classic/Modern): #24367 -Deletion of channels improved in order to prevent errors for every kind of channel (Video, RSS and regular).
- Policy Index (Classic): #23999 - Policies beginning with the Faroese character Á will now be sorted after common A in alphabetical order.
- Workspaces Metadata (Modern): #23819 - 'Next' button will be disabled while data is loading to prevent loss of data.
- Workspaces (Modern): #25956 - Changes made to fields will now occur in real-time.
- Wizdom Administration (Modern + Classic): The "custom modules" tab from the configuration site will only be visible once the correct permission is assigned.
- Wizdom Administration (Modern + Classic): The group search option will now allow all types of groups from Azure AD.