This release contains new features, changes, improvements, and resolved issues. If an entry here is a result of a bug report or feature request, the relevant ID number (#xxxx) will be at the end of the entry.
It is required to have 6.64 or any hotfix installed before upgrading to this version.
Please check previous release notes if you are not upgrading from the latest version.
This release supports the following environments:
- Office 365 Tenant and Azure
- SharePoint Server 2013
- SharePoint Server 2016
- SharePoint Server 2019
Please note: As the SharePoint Modern experience platform and development framework is too far behind SharePoint Online, the Wizdom on Modern SharePoint experiences capabilities are currently not supported on SharePoint Server 2019.
Changes and improvements
- Noticeboard (Modern): A notice will now be displayed when a new item is created or updated.
- Noticeboard (Modern): Accessibility improvements: Non-anchors links' role attribute has been set to "link". All icons with event listeners have been wrapped in button tags and aria attributes have been set.
- Noticeboard (Modern): Authors will now be able to hide publishing images inside of articles.
- Noticeboard (Modern): The class `highlight-link` has been added to non anchor linked elements to allow more accessible styling.
- Noticeboard (Modern): Users will now be able to delete any comment on their own posts.
- Noticeboard (Modern): Users will now be able to delete any replies to comments on their own posts.
- Policy Index (Classic): The visibility of the selected navigation item has been improved.
- Security Enhancement for JWT Token validation was released as an opt-in in Version 220.127.116.11 and is included in this release as an opt-out, meaning it will be enabled for all as default. To disable the Security validation add DisableSecurityEnhancement=true to the SharePoint Web Config or Settings > Configuration > Application Settings on the Azure Hosted site.
- Corporate News (Modern): #26664, #26708 - Display will no longer break if the number of items configured to be displayed exceeds the number of items available to be displayed.
- Events & Learning (Classic): #26375 - Un-favoriting of events now only required one click.
- Kanban: #18576 - Speed performace has been improved with the removal of legacy function calls.
- Megamenu (Modern): Richtext items will now be properly displayed in item dropdown sections.
- Megamenu (Modern): #26662 - Megamenu hover effect configurations in Administration have been implemented.
- Megamenu (Modern): #26803, #26662 - Megamenu will no longer overlay on top of the Sharepoint search dropdown.
- Noticeboard (Classic): Replies to deleted comments will no longer be displayed.
- Noticeboard (Modern): All action options have been removed from deleted comments.
- Noticeboard (Modern): Option to edit deleted comments has been removed.
- Noticeboard (Modern): Option to reply to deleted comments has been removed.
- Noticeboard (Modern): The initial value of the translations dropdown is now aligned with the currentUICultureName.
- Noticeboard (Modern): The future items filter now is just available to authors and administrators.
- Noticeboard (Modern): Translations have been added for the property section on the web part.
- Noticeboard (Modern): #26083 - Future items on the Noticeboard are now just visible to authors, editors, and administrators.
- Noticeboard (Modern): #26811 - All dates on overview templates will be displayed according to the currentUICultureName.
- Noticeboard (Modern): #26812 - Only the selected publishing image will be deleted when clicking the delete icon.
- Noticeboard (Modern): #26813 - An error message will be displayed if a user attempts to save item while editing a translation image.
- Powerpanel (Classic): #26493 - Previously entered custom values for widget widths will now save correctly.
- Policy Index (Classic): #26520 - Letter spacing should now be uniform in all templates in the Policy Index overview.
- Workspaces (Modern): Translations have been added for Overview and Metadata placeholders.
- Workspaces Metadata (Modern): #23819 - 'Next' button will be disabled while data is loading to prevent loss of data.
- Workspaces Metadata (Modern): #26809, #26994 - Code fix applied for workspace metadata web part to save the deleted users from different roles.
- Administration (Noticeboard insights): Filters on Noticeboard insights can now be reset.
Administration (Principal Group Timerjob): #25617 - Grouping Sync timer job performance has been improved. Clean up of unwanted and unused groups has been implemented.Note - To Clean up the extra groups, the key "cleanUpUnwantedGroups" should be added with the value "true" in the app configuration.
- Administration (Wizdom Audiences): #26488 - Users will now receive an error message when creating custom audiences with previously used names.
Please sign in to leave a comment.