This release contains new features, changes, improvements, and resolved issues. If an entry here is a result of a bug report or feature request, the relevant ID number (#xxxx) will be at the end of the entry.
It is required to have 6.66 or any hotfix installed before upgrading to this version.
Please check previous release notes if you are not upgrading from the latest version.
This release supports the following environments:
- Office 365 Tenant and Azure
- SharePoint Server 2013
- SharePoint Server 2016
- SharePoint Server 2019
Please note: As the SharePoint Modern experience platform and development framework is too far behind SharePoint Online, the Wizdom on Modern SharePoint experiences capabilities are currently not supported on SharePoint Server 2019.
Changes and improvements
- Noticeboard (Modern): Stream on SharePoint embed links will now be accepted for Video content types.
- Noticeboard (Modern): Display a message when an item is deleted from the noticeboard with each template.
- Noticeboard (Modern): Implemented a client-side 3mb restriction on standard image uploads and cropped image uploads.
- People Directory (Modern): There is an additional property 'department' added to the advanced search result section.
- Policy Index: Improvement to the policy index web part while fetching policy data from the SharePoint search to retry if the ms search returned an error.
- Noticeboard (Classic) - #26505: The fix applied to Channel selection on the noticeboard for mandatory and suggested members.
- Noticeboard (Classic): Items without images will now have a placeholder image on the ClickList template.
- Noticeboard (Classic): #27824, 27909 - Stream on SharePoint embed links will now be accepted when creating video items.
- Noticeboard (Classic): Noticeboard classic view count is now being displayed.
- Noticeboard (Classic): An option to "Show less comments" is available on the overview template.
- Noticeboard (Classic): "Video" content type items will now have their video images displayed on the ClickList template.
- Noticeboard (Classic) - #26970: Noticeboard allows an option to enable or disable notifications at the web part level.
- Noticeboard (Modern): Highlighting and checkmarks have been removed from the "More" menu.
- Noticeboard (Modern): The last comments in the list will be displayed by default.
- Noticeboard (Modern): The page will scroll back to the original position after the print has been completed.
- Noticeboard (Modern): A11y - Allow tabbing out of the 'options' context menu if no item has been selected.
- Noticeboard (Modern): A11y - Ensure the 'options' menu on the noticeboard item can be accessed via keyboard keys
- Page Information (Modern) -#24832:The news date and Audit Date in the page information module now is correct regardless of the time zone difference among the user.
- Workspaces Metadata (Modern): #24078 - Ensure label styling is contrast visible using a dark theme in Teams
- Installation: Improvements for new installations of wizdom.
- Fix applied to extended log section to prevent unintended error messages from being displayed to end users.
- Corporate News (Classic): Having CAML Query Based query mode selected on the webpart is causing the news items to not show. In the meantime, we advise you to switch to SharePoint Search Based under the Query mode section in the webpart settings.