Quick Launch Navigation
Team sites feature left side quick launch navigation for convenient access.
If you do not want the quick launch navigation on the left hand side of your pages, opt to create a Communication site instead
Create a Page
Follow these steps below, to create a page in LiveTiles Page Designer on Modern:
- Click on New, which will have a drop down appear with options such as List, Document library, Page, etc.
- Click on Page
- Once you’ve clicked on Page, you’ll be presented an option to select Templates or Apps
- Click on Apps > go to Featured > click LiveTiles Page
- A preview will appear on the right (but it can sometimes be a bit slow to show) >Click on Create page at the bottom right
- Once the page has been created, you’ll be taken to a screen where the designer can be opened by clicking Edit.
If you are an existing V4/V5 Classic user that has just deployed Page Designer, it is recommended to enter the installer and run it once. This can be found on the Advanced Settings tab in the SharePoint Panel. Your registration key will automatically be used for V5 Modern.
- Otherwise, enter a page title > under Design > select Create New Page.
Once the Create New Page button is clicked, the Page Designer Landing Page will appear in a modal. From here, you can:
- perform manage operations
- create new responsive or fixed width pages
- import pages from V4 or V5 Classic or V5 Modern
- create from templates
Templates, tiles, and sections that are imported and contain custom code will have that content hidden, but an indication will be present to inform where that content was.
After selecting either a template, responsive, fixed width, or content canvas, the design canvas will appear. You can use elements from:
- Rows (Responsive or Content canvas types),
- Sections (only visible if sections have been rebuilt, sections cannot be imported from V4/V5 Classic into Page Designer V5 Modern).
The ellipsis in the top right contains various management options (as seen in image below), along with links for support.
Once a page has been created, click Done in the top right.
Once Done has been clicked, the page view will become present.
From here, click Save to complete any changes, and the page is an interactive end user view now.
To modify the page again, click Edit to bring out the slide panel with the Designer options.
Please sign in to leave a comment.