This release contains new features, changes, improvements, and resolved issues. If an entry here is a result of a bug report or feature request, the relevant ID number (#xxxx) will be at the end of the entry.
It is required to have 6.56 or any hotfix installed before upgrading to this version.
Please check previous release notes if you are not upgrading from the latest version.
This release supports the following environments:
- Office 365 tenant and Azure
- SharePoint Server 2013
- SharePoint Server 2016
- SharePoint Server 2019
Please note: As the SharePoint Modern experience platform and development framework is too far behind SharePoint Online, the Wizdom on Modern SharePoint experiences capabilities are currently not supported on SharePoint Server 2019.
Changes and improvements
- Powerpanel: New feature - Added option to the PowerPanel to toggle position between left and right of the viewport
- Security: Improved session timeout handling
- People Directory: #18411- Fixed applied People directory web part on-prem Sharepoint 2013 for users having Birthdate and HireDate into the user profile
- LiveTiles Audience: #17792 - Fixed issue in query for audience sync timer job allowing full coverage of audience target
- Timer job: #17252, #18424 - Improve Audience sync performance
- ServiceMenu: #17395 - Audience for quick links fixed.
- Noticeboard: #14479 - Image fixed in email notification for a classic experience.
- Noticeboard: #14210 - Logging improvements to alert users why their gif image fails to upload.
- Noticeboard: #17919 - Fix display of edit panel when in Intranet Hub
- Noticeboard: #17999 - Logging improvements to alert users why their image fails to upload.
- Design & Branding: #18060 - Sharepoint app 'Image & title' post header fix.
- Corporate News: #18429 - Fixed issue to show items by updating modern packages to the newest version.
- Corporate News: Fixed display of stock images in 'rotator' template.
- Pagination: Numbers of pages updating according to page resize and last page number being shown in the web part components.
- Noticeboard Admin: Added Noticeboard V3 endpoints to the API section.
- Page Review Date: #9772 - Fixed issue to not send emails when the Page review module's configuration is not enabled.