This release contains new features, changes, improvements, and resolved issues. If an entry here is a result of a bug report or feature request, the relevant ID number (#xxxx) will be at the end of the entry.
It is required to have 6.61 or any hotfix installed before upgrading to this version.
Please check previous release notes if you are not upgrading from the latest version.
This release supports the following environments:
- Office 365 tenant and Azure
- SharePoint Server 2013
- SharePoint Server 2016
- SharePoint Server 2019
Please note: As the SharePoint Modern experience platform and development framework is too far behind SharePoint Online, the Wizdom on Modern SharePoint experiences capabilities are currently not supported on SharePoint Server 2019.
Changes and improvements
- Noticeboard (Modern): Added a new image cropper feature to Noticeboard publishing images. This will allow a user to crop an image and select a focal point that is used across all templates.
- Noticeboard (Modern): You will now be able to toggle between available languages on a Noticeboard post.
- Noticeboard (Classic/Modern): #20365 - New feature toggle to show or hide deleted comments from the noticeboard.
- LiveTiles Intranet Enterprise Documentation (Classic): The help and training portal link (i-Icon in the upper right corner) of the classic intranet enterprise changed to LiveTiles Knowledge Base.
- Birthday (Classic): #13149 - Fixed applied to birthday web part date issue with a specific timezone.
- Birthday (Classic/Modern): #22651 - Fixed applied to birthday web part date formatting issue.
- Corporate News (Modern): #19706 - Fixed resolution issue for timeline template.
- Corporate News (Classic/Modern): #18356 - Fixed issue with user profile property language filter for corporate news for SharePoint CAML query.
- Corporate News (Classic/Modern): Fix images not been displayed when using CAML query.
- Corporate News (Modern): Fixed text descenders have been cropped within the timeline template.
- Corporate News (Classic): Ensure thumbnail images are displayed for modern items
- Kanban (Classic): #18576 - Fixed applied to Kanban web part performance issue.
- Everywhere Panel / Megamenu (Modern): Ensure duplicated elements are removed when returning from a Sharepoint page.
- Noticeboard (Classic/Modern): #18317 - Deleted items verification added. Now the news list is being refreshed if the user tries to open or mark as read a deleted item.
- Noticeboard (Modern): Show unread option now working together with any other noticeboard filtering.
- Noticeboard (Modern): Image edit disabled on scroll.
- Noticeboard (Classic): #21252 - Fixed applied to noticeboard item mark as read functionality.
- Noticeboard (Modern): Display the upload limit sizes when a file upload fails due to large file size.
- Noticeboard / Corporate News: (Modern) Fix timeline jump when active title is clicked.
- Workspaces (Modern): #15510 - Fix applied to workspace module while adding Or removing owner and members of the group.
- Workspaces (Modern): #18463 - Preserve form state when navigating back and forth through form areas when editing.
- Workspaces (Modern): Removed white space and focus-visible box shadow in image field of workspaces form.
We have applied a Silent Hotfix for an issue affecting our Modern Environments. Once you have upgraded to the 6.61 please follow the following two steps for ensuring the latest updates are deployed.
Please head over to the Admin center for Enterprise/Wizdom. Under the Admin tab, select Modern Experiences and click on deploy Modern Packages.
This should take effect right away and the environment will be up to date with the latest packages.
If you are running a local app catalog installation, please refer to the update packages script provided, or feel free to contact our support team for assistance.
We will update this article with information should any major issues be discovered.