This release contains new features, changes, improvements, and resolved issues. If an entry here is a result of a bug report or feature request, the relevant ID number (#xxxx) will be at the end of the entry.
It is required to have 6.61 or any hotfix installed before upgrading to this version.
Please check previous release notes if you are not upgrading from the latest version.
This release supports the following environments:
- Office 365 tenant and Azure
- SharePoint Server 2013
- SharePoint Server 2016
- SharePoint Server 2019
Please note: As the SharePoint Modern experience platform and development framework is too far behind SharePoint Online, the Wizdom on Modern SharePoint experiences capabilities are currently not supported on SharePoint Server 2019.
Changes and improvements
Richtext (Classic & modern): The Richtext module has been updated to set links to default open in a new tab to be more convenient for users consuming many links e.g. in a Noticeboard post and allow them to easily keep reading since links open in a new tab.It is still possible to configure links to open in the same tab if required.The functionality is available on all modules in classic using the Richtext module (Noticeboard, Webform, FAQ, Workspaces) while in the modern experience this change has only been pushed to Noticeboard.
- Noticeboard (Modern): New feature toggle added to show or not the original(best quality). The image on noticeboard items. On LT enterprise admin under modules, noticeboard, configuration is now possible to enable or disable "show best quality images".
- Noticeboard (Modern): #23021 - Filter for expired noticeboard items included. Now besides the unread filter, a filter for expired items has been implemented. This option was added under the vertical ellipsis beside the search box and the refresh button.
- Noticeboard (Modern): #23021 - Filter for future noticeboard items included. Now besides the unread filter, a filter for personal future items has been implemented. this option was added under the vertical ellipsis beside the search box and the refresh button.
- Canteen Menu (Modern): #20983 - Fix applied for the First day of the week issue in the cafeteria calendar.
Corporate News (Modern): #19706 - New feature toggle added to show or not the original(best quality) image on corporate news. On LT enterprise admin under modules, corporate news, settings are now possible to enable or disable "show best quality images".Note - The settings page should not be closed, Depending on the image sizes and the amount of images LT Enterprise can not support this functionality, in this case, the corporate news page will get stuck, and this functionality should be disabled immediately in this case.
- Events & Learning (Classic): #21583 - Improved highlighting of the searched text.
- Everywhere panel (Modern): - Support for different cultures with the same language for languages already support by LT enterprise and using English as a fall-back language.
- Import/export (Classic) - #19832 - The fix applied for showing a clear message when an import error occurred.
- MegaMenu (Modern): #23601 - Overflow scrollbar added to dropdown on all pages if dropdown exceeds viewport height.
- Noticeboard (Modern): #23362 - Fix applied to insights data collection for 'Most Active Reader' and 'Most Active Authors'.
- Noticeboard (Modern): Display notice when editing a translated item if the tag is empty rather than a blank label.
- Noticeboard (Classic): #20932 - Improvements at loading comments for classic, Jquery library file now is loaded from the local CDN and saved on browser's cache.
- Noticeboard (Modern): #22720: Ensure long date format is translated within translated items.
- Powerpanel (Classic): #19910 - Fix Powerpanel been displayed over image dialog.
- Powerpanel / Learning & Events (Classic): #21406 - Fix hidden within Powerpanel when opened twice.
- Powerpanel / People Picker (Classic/Modern): #8079, #9057 - Fix applied to Microsoft graph API query filter for Azure AD Group Search with prefix text.
- QuickLinks (Modern/Classic): #23072 #21542 - Improvements on quick links sort and prevention of disappearance of links.
- Revision Timerjob (Admin): #21534 - Fix applied for Page Revision Timer Job for sending email to page contact.
- Revision Timerjob (Admin): #17722 - Fix applied for Page Revision Timer Job.
- Webform (Classic): Fixed display of custom errors.
- Webform (Classic): Fix issue related to web form submitting with invalid URL expression.
- Webform (Classic): #22091 - Code Fix applied for multi-select file upload control.
- Corporate news (Modern): When the feature toggle shows the best quality images is enabled the browser can get stuck. If it happens please disable immediately this functionality.
- Richtext (Modern/Classic): We have one known issue with this new functionality due to some unforeseen limitations in the module. When a link is added by typing the URL directly in the text area and http:// or https:// are used at the beginning of the URL, open in a new tab is not set by default.