In this article:
When a page built with the LiveTiles Page Designer is saved, exported or saved as a template, the page details is sent to our screenshot service.
This service then generates a "sanitized screenshot" for use in the LiveTiles Homepage; This is done in order to allow Designers to easily identify their pages.
The sample result can be seen below:
We sanitize the screenshots to avoid the risk of exposing any potentially sensitive information in these screenshots.
Disable the screenshot service
To be able to generate these sanitized screenshots, we have to send a full fidelity copy / image of the page to our backend services. Once the screenshot is generated, we delete the full fidelity copy from our end.
For some customers, this is still a risk though, and they would prefer to not send any of this information to our services.
To achieve this, you are able to disable this service by following the steps below:
- Go to the LiveTiles Design home page; (for example https://<yourTenant>.sharepoint.com/LiveTilesDesign/Designer.aspx)
- Under the Manage dropdown>select the Screenshot Service option;
- On the dialog that opens>check the box to disable the service> hit Done;
The resulting placeholder image that will then be used for all pages in future looks as follows:
- Clearly identify template names with titles and descriptions so you can easily navigate and select through your saved templates.
- Use the filter to search through your templates, referring back to clear distinct titles
- Delete any outdated templates (save as exports just in case) to not crowd up your templates section.