May 1, 2020
This release contains new features, changes and improvements, and bug fixes. If an entry here is a result of a bug report or feature request, the relevant ID number (xxxx-yyyy or #zzzz) will be at the end of the entry.
There are no prerequisites for this release.
Please check previous release notes if you are not upgrading from the latest version.
This release contains new features, changes and improvements, and bug fixes.
This release supports the following environments:
- Office 365 tenant and Azure
- SharePoint Server 2013
- SharePoint Server 2016
- SharePoint Server 2019
Note: As the Modern SharePoint experience platform and development framework is too far behind SharePoint Online, the Wizdom on Modern SharePoint experiences capabilities are currently not supported on SharePoint Server 2019.
In the Translation Module, you can now use the prefix ‘channel_’ to provide manual translations for Noticeboard channels. For example, if you want to add a translation for the channel “Sales and Marketing”, use the translation key “channel_Sales and Marketing” in the translation module.
Changes and improvements
- In Page Information, search queries now have the ‘searchproperty’ tag, which improves search results.
- The Mega Menu is now supported on the Internet Explorer browser on touch-enabled devices.
- The Mega Menu has improved accessibility and screen reader capabilities. You can now navigate in the menu with the arrow keys on your keyboard. To open menu item, press the space bar.
Increased scaling of Course Management instances with many courses
- Your language preferences now correctly apply to Email templates and system-generated notifications.
- The Page Information web part now correctly shows information when you’ve navigated to it via the Mega Menu.
- When you create a Team Site and add entire AD groups, all members of the group are now correctly assigned their Owner and Member roles according to their O365 group membership. Previously, only the creator of the Team Site was included in the team. (#5874) (#5728)
- The Revision timer job now correctly shows an error message if the Search User Client Context is not available.
- In Page Information, dates are now correctly displayed in the format of your language settings.
- In Noticeboard, the author of a news item no longer changes when an admin edits the item. Previously, the admin would incorrectly be listed as the author, instead of the original author.
- The `webapiService` token cache now only times out when the token expires.
- In Noticeboard, you can now correctly change an alternate author on posts that are translated.
- In the Timeline template for Corporate News, items now display correctly in the Edge browser.
- Corporate News now loads correctly when the default language is set to Chinese.
- Modern Custom Styling no longer fails due to style configuration not available.
- The Cards template in Modern Noticeboard will now rerender correctly when the settings slider for “Items per page” are used.
- Clicking on the search input field in Noticeboard will now keep the cursor focus withing that web part.
- Navigation will no longer freeze due to a call stack problem in Pageproperties
- The webapiService token cache now only times out when the token expires.
- We’ve fixed the mysite path for on-premises installations. (#6195)
- In the Learning & Events module, the More dropdown is no longer visible if there is no content in the dropdown menu.
- If you unsubscribe to an event in the Learning & Events module after the registration deadline has passed, the module no longer incorrectly tells you that the next person on the waitlist will take your place.
- When you create a new Workspace, a default type is now selected, which means that site creation no longer fails.