February 1, 2021
This release contains new features, changes, improvements, and resolved issues. If an entry here is a result of a bug report or feature request, the relevant ID number (#xxxx) will be at the end of the entry.
It is required to have 6.48 or any hotfix for it installed before upgrading to this version.
Please check previous release notes if you are not upgrading from the latest version.
Supported environmentsThis release supports the following environments:
- Office 365 tenant and Azure
- SharePoint Server 2013
- SharePoint Server 2016
- SharePoint Server 2019
Changes and improvements
- Added support for SharePoint theming on column management property pane for the Policy Index web part.
Improved the Principal Name and Grouping synchronization jobs for Azure hosted installations to use delta requests from Azure AD. First initial synchronization will take some time, but all subsequent synchronizations will only have to handle changes since last time.To activate it add the feature toggle (app setting) named "UseDeltaSync" with the value "true".
Sharepoint Online customers no longer need to configure the SearchUser or the GraphUser service account. The SearchUser was used for timerjobs like compliance reporting. The GraphUser was used for Teams provisioning in Workspaces. Microsoft now support app only authentication for both scenarios.The Lightning Pages module still use the SearchUser. The Wizdom Mobile app leverage the Lightning Pages and therefore still use the SearchUser service account. We have no workaround for these modules.App only search is still not support for onprem. Therefore the SearchUser is still a requirement for onprem installations.https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/solution-guidance/security-apponly#what-are-the-limitations-when-using-app-onlyIn case of any issues with the app only search and provisioning, the service accounts can be reenabled by a configuration toggle. In that case contact LiveTiles support.
Added a new type of audiences, called HiddenAudiences (Type=5), which as the name implies is not visible from the UI and can only be managed using the API.
- Fixed issue with the icons blending through LiveTiles Everywhere panel when re-sizing the window (#8941, #9290)
- Aligned icon and text on FAQ questions (#8964)
- Fixed an issue with date picker layout in Noticeboard when creating a new item from a mobile (#8588)
- Fixed an issue with Noticeboard one column layout where author and date text would overlap in some cases.
- Fixed an issue with the default list template for the Birthdays web part (#9138, #9289, #9723)
- Fixed an issue with internal links opening in the same tab with Quicklinks web part using the VisualJumpList template in LiveTiles Everywhere.
- New dropdown component added to fix issue with selecting a category when creating new links in the Quicklinks web part from a mobile (#10548)
- Changed the layout of the page properties application customizer displaying things such as related content, contact person and if a pages revision date is overdue. The layout has been changed due to an issue with callouts for must read and revision date on manual pages being visible when navigating back using the browser back button (#11011)
- Fixed an issue with the 2 column template for Corporate News displaying as 1 column (#11536)
- Fixed image upload button styling in Quicklinks web part
- Fixed an issue with the Governance web part table layout
- Fixed issue where the add button was not displaying in edit mode for Interactive Canvas web part (#12245)
- Fixed issue with getting items in Noticeboard in the modern experience, that in some cases would result in bad performance
- Fixed an issue with LiveTiles Everywhere web parts not rendering (#12580, #12582, #12583, #12595, #12604)
- Fixed issue with Interactive Canvas web part unresponsiveness after being published
- Fixed an issue with the Noticeboard List template layout in "show unread" state (#11482)
- Fixed an issue with document callout menu failing in Internet Explorer due to some script errors (#9354, #8939)
- Fixed an issue with the service menu position on smaller screens (#10679)
- Fixed issue where you couldn't select the social summary and social comments templates on Noticeboard archive web part (#7753)
- Improved performance for retrieving notifications on SharePoint pages with social feature enabled (#11350)
- Added support for icon and description in the DescriptiveImageList template for the Quicklinks web part (#11491)
- Fixed an issue with newly created lightning pages not getting the correct files loaded causing errors like "RegisterSod is not defined". If you encounter the issue on an old page, attempt to re-save the lightning page to fix the error. (#11533)
- Image upload changed to button with preview
- Fixed issue where the text area comment box was too small for replies of comments
- Fixed a layout issue in the Wizdom Configuration Site > Modules > LiveTiles Everywhere > Modern Widgets, where elements where overlapping on smaller screens.
- Fixed an issue with Noticeboard module content not being displayed in the legacy Microsoft Edge browser as well as some general improvements to the layout on smaller screen devices. (#10974)
- Added support for "all users" and "everyone except external" users on policy pages must read feature. (#9841)
- Removed sensitive information from the configuration.js files
- Fixing an issue where the PrincipalGroupingSync timerjob could fail if an already synchronized group gets deleted in AD.