December 4, 2020
This release contains new features, changes, improvements, and resolved issues. If an entry here is a result of a bug report or feature request, the relevant ID number (#xxxx) will be at the end of the entry.
It is required to have 6.48 or any hotfix for it installed before upgrading to this version.
Please check previous release notes if you are not upgrading from the latest version.
This release supports the following environments:
- Office 365 tenant and Azure
- SharePoint Server 2013
- SharePoint Server 2016
- SharePoint Server 2019
Please note: As the SharePoint Modern experience platform and development framework is too far behind SharePoint Online, the Wizdom on Modern SharePoint experiences capabilities are currently not supported on SharePoint Server 2019.
Changes and improvements
- The "Show unread" in Noticeboard has been moved into the context menu instead of inside settings to make it easier to find and quickly change.
- The "Channel subscriptions" in Noticeboard has been moved into the context menu instead of inside settings to make it easier to find and quickly change.
- The "Plus more tags" button in Noticeboard now scrolls to the tag section of the news item after opening it when clicked.
- A new drop down in Workspaces has been introduced to improve accessibility.
- We have added an opportunity to change the max number of Workspaces returned by the endpoint by adding an app setting called 'WorkspaceTotalCountMax' with the value of a number. To prevent performance issues this is added as an opt-in option for now. (#9807)
- The Noticeboard Single Item web part will now check the querystring for NBShowItemFS=1 and if found display the webpart in full screen. Example querystring: ?NBShowItemFS=1&newsId=[NB_ITEM_ID].
- Dates have been streamlined across the web parts and can now be controlled in the web part properties. (#10582)
- We have improved the download of System Logs files by changing the list of file names into a dropdown sorted with newest first.
- We have fixed an issue where date fields in Workspaces did not render correctly for some languages. (#8123)
- We have fixed an issue where in Noticeboard refined search could not search authors based on surname. (#9273)
- We have fixed an issue with wrong date format in Noticeboard cards template. (#9867)
- We have fixed an issue where the time-ago time in Noticeboard sometimes rendered a few hours off. (#9137)
- We have fixed an issue in LiveTiles Everywhere where the "show more" link was visible on the home page even when there was no more content to be shown.
- We have fixed an issue issue with bad styling of the image uploader when creating a new workspace in modern Workspaces.
- We have fixed an issue where the Megamenu mobile menu would not collapse if the navigation was within the same site collection.
- We have fixed an issue with some modules not loading correctly when navigating between sitecollections. (#10826, #10857, #10888, #10186, #10924)
- We have fixed an issue where link could not be created in Quicklinks if no category was selected. Now the category "uncategorized" will be default selected. The category can still be changed during creation. (#9170)
- We have fixed an issue where links in Quicklinks could not be dragged and dropped into an empty category. The category can still be set with by editing the links.
- We have fixed an issue where bullets in unordered lists in FAQ content did not render in the same way as when editing the list.
- We have fixed an issue with changing tabs in Livetiles Everywhere on mobile. (#10466)
- We have fixed an issue where the image in Noticeboard posts was removed if a published post was edited.
- We have fixed an issue where the footer was not displayed correctly when adding or editing a Noticeboard item on iOS mobile. (#10997)
- We have fixed an issue where the translations button and language picker was sometimes displayed on top of other things when creating or editing Noticeboard posts on mobile. (#11074)
- We have fixed an issue with some web parts not loading in Internet Explorer. (#11227, #11228, #11242, #11285)
- We have fixed an issue where custom styling did not get removed when navigating away from a Wizdom site. (#10826)
- We have fixed an issue where new local FAQ channelsets would not be saved. (#11054)
- We have fixed an issue where a Noticeboard post would look updated in the overview if edit form of the post was opened and fields was updated even if the changes was never committed.
- We have fixed an issue where the most bottom channels in Noticeboard channel filtering was unreachable. (#8594)
- We have fixed an issue with bad styling of image upload button when commenting in Noticeboard. (#8952, #11274)
- We have fixed an issue with a broken cancel link in the Course Management calendar invite.
- We have fixed an issue preventing users from creating a new Wizdom subsite using the Event catalog template. (#10372)
- We have fixed an issue where the bottom content of an opened panel in LiveTiles Everywhere was inaccessible from mobile devices. (#10464)
- We have fixed an issue causing the configuration not to be saved correctly, unless the page is first refreshed (F5). (#9062, #9774, #9904, #10295)
- We have fixed an issue where a red error notification about missing permissions sometimes was wrongly displayed in the configuration center. (#9413)
- We have fixed an issue where users with Noticeboard Insight permissions did not get see or get access to the Noticeboard Insights page inside the Noticeboard module.
- We have fixed an issue where the Wizdom version indicator in the top of the administration portal was not being displayed. (#11113)
- We have fixed and issue where the browser jumped to top when a link was created in Service Menu instead of keeping its scroll height. (#9927)
Modern & Classic
- We have fixed an issue where a custom connector in PowerAutomate could not be created with the Noticeboard-V1 API or the Workspace-V1 API. (#7245)
- We have fixed an issue where some users could not be added to roles in Workspace Metadata Teams app. (#9607)
- We have fixed an issue with a wrong translation of the word "Locations".
- We have fixed an issue with Policy index and other policy related web parts that caused a SharePoint Search error on SharePoint 2016 on-premise environments (#11102, #11323)
- We have fFixed an issue causing error logs in the browser console and in the Wizdom log if some users was running SharePoint in a language not supported by or not activated in Wizdom.
- We have fixed an issue where Livetiles Everywhere changes were not visible to some users for an unexpected long time. This was an issue for customers running SharePoint classic or Modern without a tenant app catalog. (#7788)
- We have fixed an issue where creation of Teams using Workspaces fails when the creation tried to add the Workspace Metadata Team App.
- We have fixed an issue where the Revision timer job would sent out e-mails to the person who last modified the page instead of the page contact on modern pages. (#10381)