This release contains new features, changes, improvements, and resolved issues. If an entry here is a result of a bug report or feature request, the relevant ID number (#xxxx) will be at the end of the entry.
It is required to have 6.50 or any hotfix for it installed before upgrading to this version.
Please check previous release notes if you are not upgrading from the latest version.
This release supports the following environments:
- Office 365 tenant and Azure
- SharePoint Server 2013
- SharePoint Server 2016
- SharePoint Server 2019
Please note: As the SharePoint Modern experience platform and development framework is too far behind SharePoint Online, the Wizdom on Modern SharePoint experiences capabilities are currently not supported on SharePoint Server 2019.
Changes and improvements
- Pagination Control: Improved styling for larger page numbers.
- Quicklinks: Added support for icons to be displayed for visual templates. (#12703)
- Noticeboard: Improve visual feedback when the webpart is doing some work with a line loader in the toolbar.
- Noticeboard: Allow the ability to clear a scoped date filter. Previously this filter could not be removed once set.
- Noticeboard: Display expired text and date when the item has expired. (#13497)
- Noticeboard: Item tags can now be synchronised with SharePoint for search indexing if the tagging feature is enabled.
- Improved textbox and button element styling.
- Updated styling/layout to Interactive Canvas Administration.
Improved responsive styling for custom JS/CSS editors.
Modern & Classic
- Revision Timer Job: Added the possibility of adding a custom search result source id in app settings to override using the default one in the Revision Timer Job. Use "RevisionTimerJobSearchResultSourceId" to overwrite the default one.
- Interactive Canvas: Fixed an issue were the hover description was not showing on the default template. (#7233)
- Noticeboard: Fixed button theming issue on the refined/advanced search panel. (#9491)
- Noticeboard: Fixed styling for image validation message.
- Noticeboard: Fixed issue with page crashing when applying a date scope filter.
- Noticeboard: Fixed issue where the incorrect number of filters applied was displayed.
- Page Information: Fixed dynamic toggle affecting manual links display. (#10122)
- Corporate News: Fixed issue with missing text translation for "New Article".
- Workspaces: Fixed issue with overview search not working when paginating to other pages within the web part. (#11568)
- Quicklinks: Fixed issue when selecting groups links should only be visible for. (#12432)
- Noticeboard: Fixed an issue when displaying archived items without requiring the user to manually go into the filter. (#7509)
- Noticeboard: Fixed an issue with the content textbox placeholder not displaying correctly. (#7766)
- Image Slider: Added an option to manually add a relative URL to a picture library in the Image slider web part in the classic experience. This option is specifically needed for other languages than English, due to the SharePoint Site Picker not being capable of displaying folders inside e.g. a picture library. (#10623)
- Poll: Fixed an issue that previously did not allow Wizdom Administrators to edit polls created by other users. (#10697)
- Webpart Layout: Fix issue with web parts overlapping each other. (#11309, #11313)
- Quicklinks: Fixed an issue with branding icons missing. (#12331, #12339)
- Mega Menu: Fixed issue with overlapping icons on WebKit browsers in the megamenu search input.
- Wizdom Audience Synchronisation: Optimized to allow paging of large result sets (#10041)
- FAQ: Fixed icon selection preview background & foreground colour controls.
- FAQ: Fixed issue with missing scrollbar when selecting icons from the dropdown menu.
- Interactive Canvas: Fixed issue with missing taxonomy picker icon when editing or creating a new tile.
- Custom JS/CSS Editor: Fixed issue with triple scrollbar displaying.
- Colour Picker: Fix incorrect colour picker position when scrolling.
- Site Templates: Fixed IE11 issue when displaying the template editor. (#14153)
- Active Directory: Fixed issue where large user groups failed to synchronisation with all valid users in the group. (#13582)
Modern & Classic
- Noticeboard: Fixed issue with conflicting dates when tracking RSS feeds and new items. (#12222)