This release contains new features, changes, improvements, and resolved issues. If an entry here is a result of a bug report or feature request, the relevant ID number (#xxxx) will be at the end of the entry.
It is required to have 6.53 or any hotfix for it installed before upgrading to this version.
Please check previous release notes if you are not upgrading from the latest version.
This release supports the following environments:
- Office 365 tenant and Azure
- SharePoint Server 2013
- SharePoint Server 2016
- SharePoint Server 2019
Please note: As the SharePoint Modern experience platform and development framework is too far behind SharePoint Online, the Wizdom on Modern SharePoint experiences capabilities are currently not supported on SharePoint Server 2019.
- Course Management: Verify the person who signs up for a course to ensure the correct calendar invitation was implemented.
- Corporate News: Fixed issue to stop showing news as un-initialized.
- Quicklinks: CSS changes in the quick links module in order to fix the drag and drop issue if the category is empty. Backend changes in order to ensure the correct sorting in the visual template.
- Pagination: Render displayed items only.
- Workspaces: Retry pattern implemented in every function that calls Microsoft Graph APIs.
- Site Design: New XML to update the column values from the id to the author's and contact person's name.
- Noticeboard: Add new content to the noticeboard using an iPhone and check inputs are not zoomed in on focus.
- Noticeboard: Replace 3rd party video player for a native player. (#13365)
- Phonebook: Some DateTime conversions were generating an exception as they did not cover all possible DateTime formats. A global method was created and used everywhere that exception could be thrown. (#13350, #13394, #13393, #13348, #13435, #13391)
- FAQ: Correct webpart header image attributes.
- LiveTiles Everywhere / PowerPanel: Fix autoload of the welcome page on Teams mobile app. (#14709)
- Related News: Improved styling on related news "NewsDefault" template. (#14914)
- Service Menu: Editing the service menu on a classic site previously would result in a user-specific view displayed for the quick links module instead of referencing the global version set within the Admin > Service Menu module. (#15436)
- Noticeboard: Fix "Create" been flashed when editing an item. (#15742)
- Policies & Procedures: Improve parsing of person type fields web part is loading a display template. This update applies to both the Policy Index and the Policies I Must Read web parts (#15828)
- Interactive Canvas: Fix issue to show icons in the image/rich text/HTML templates.
- Installation: New condition to skip the need for version verification for a fresh installation of Wizdom.
- Timer Job (PrincipalGroupingSync): Created a self-refresh client to manage long-running timer jobs.
- Wizdom Web Parts: A specific case was updated in order to allow web parts to be resized correctly in the viewport. (#16255)
- Corporate News: Fixed image resolution for CAML query. (#16573)
- LiveTiles Everywhere / PowerPanel: Fix Powerpanel appending URL with symbol on close. (#16727)
- Module Permissions: Check current user permissions in order to render applicable viewable modules. (#13411)