Deployment of LiveTiles Intranet Enterprise Add-In with local app catalog
- LiveTiles Intranet Enterprise Add-In secrete privileges can be restricted at the site collection level by using site collection(local) app catalogs, SharePoint tenant administrators can decentralize the management and scope the deployment of LiveTiles Intranet Enterprise add-ins and SPfx solutions to specific sites.
- Installation/Deployment of LiveTiles Intranet Enterprise app could be done on new site collection Or on an existing site collection.
- LiveTiles Intranet Enterprise for modern installation guide provides steps for performing installation of both global app catalog at tenant level and local app catalog at the site collection level.
Important Note: when going for the site collection app catalog option, the LiveTiles Intranet Enterprise app has multiple modules which required access to other site collections Or permission at the tenant level to achieve certain functionalities. App secrete with having only a site collection level permission may lead to breaking those functionalities.
Below are some examples that will have an impact
- Workspace module – Functionality for provisioning new team site collection /communication site collection / classic site
- Content Governance module – This module needs access to content residing on multiple site collections for multiple properties of pages Or documents
- Replace Page contact functionality - This module needs access to content residing on multiple site collections for update properties of pages Or documents
- Site collection Module and Modern Experience Functionality
- Timer Job – Business App Install newly created site collections – Activates publishing feature if needed and installs Wizdom on newly created site collections.
- Timer Job – Business App Provision newly created site collections – Provision projects site templates onto the newly created site collections. Notify the creator when the project is ready for use.
- Timer Job – Check For Deleted Sites – This job refers to the project room module. It deletes all projects connected to SharePoint sites that have been deleted.
- Timer Job - CheckForNewlyCreatedRepositories – This job refers to the project room module. This job applies the main Wizdom template when the repository site collection is created.