In this article
- Accelerate configuration
- Global configuration
In succession, you have the to install Wizdom (Admin tab -> Installation page ) successfully.
When you go to Accelerate page you can see as the screenshot above. Initially Accelerate shows some information or warning based on checking some criteria.
- Accelerate shows the current site collection url on which it will be applied.
- Accelerate shows the warning banner ‘ Warning: Loading … ‘ until the translation is fully loaded.
- Accelerate shows the warning banner ‘Warning: Checking page status …’ Indicating to accelerate is checking the status of front page (default.aspx). After checking the warning banner may be hidden or the following warning message ma be shown:
- The Default.aspx page does not exist in this site collection. It will be created and set as a welcome page during provisioning.
- Default.aspx page is checked out by someone. It may fail to provision frontpage.
- Default.aspx page is not set as welcome page. It will be set as welcome page during provisioning
- Accelerate shows the banner ‘ Site templates are loading. Please wait … ‘Until all site templates are loaded.
After checking the above criteria Accelerate shows the following customizable form to accelerate
The form has many options those can be selected or deselected and there is another option to add more subsites and add some sample or dummy contents to provision.
1. Update Noticeboard Content Type
It enables social feature such as Social Functionality (comments and likes) and overview comments.
2. Apply Mega Menu Settings
It enables mega menu in Wizdom installed site collections.
3. Apply Service Menu Settings
It enables V2(Version 2) service menu in wizdom installed site collections with V2 templates.
4. Apply Theme
It enables style theme ‘Accelerate'(id= 8bc7af48-957d-4c6a-9fc0-543935c5c7b5) in wizdom installed site collections.
Accelerate provisions some webparts in site’s frontpage(default.aspx) such as Corporate news, Noticeboard, Phonebook, Pages must I read etc. with hiding left panel, page contact and other sections.
Accelerate provisions a subsite of type wizdom site template
And with some sample contents(post) if you select ‘Add sample content’ option.
In this article
- Beginning provisioning
- Provisioning department sites
- Provisioning content
After configuring the accelerate settings when you click the ‘Provision’ button, Provision will start and show you the progress graphically of actions and its sub-actions
After completing the provision a summary dialog window will show you the overall summary like screenshot below.
Now when you close the window by clicking the ‘Close’ button then all server caches will be removed so that the accelerate affects the site collection perfectly.
Provisioning department sites
Fig- Provisioning all departments from terms store
1. Provision all departments
You can create subsites against all departments or top 20 if there are more than 20 departments in the terms store manager without loading here.
2. Provision selected departments
Or you can create subsites only for selected departments
3. Load more departments
At a time 10 departments load from which you can select more departments to provision.
4. Add department
Or you can add more subsites one by one by click the ‘Add department’ button that is in departments term set or not in departments term set.
Corporate News Provision
Accelerate provisions a subsite of the type corporate news and with some sample content (news pages), if you select ‘Add sample content’ option.
Accelerate provisions a subsite of type handbook template and with some sample contents (manual page) if you select ‘Add sample content’ option.
Editors Dashboard Provision
Accelerate provisions a subsite of type editor revision template and with some sample contents if you select ‘Add sample content’ option.
Accelerate has option to add more subsite with specific template to provision. You can also remove the custom(added) subsites from selection.