In this article
- Upload logo
- Upload favicon
- Customize colors
- Choose a name
- Create a login-link
- Custom URL
With a couple of settings you can easily brand the app and create a custom experience for your users.
- Logo: use your company logo or create your own logo for your Employee App
- Favicon*: display your logo also in the web browser
- Colors: select a base color and an highlight color - LiveTiles Reach automatically calculates the remaining colors
- Name: your Employee app should have an appealing name - get creative!
- Subscription Handle / Link: create an individual link through which your employees call LiveTiles Reach
All individualizations can be conveniently made on the page Customization in the LiveTiles Reach Settings:
Two logos can be uploaded. One logo for the app and emails and one logo for the sign-in dialog.
In the "Logo" section, press the Upload new logo button
Select and insert the desired logo from your tray. Follow the instructions regarding the recommended size.
The logos can be overwritten at any time by uploading another logo, or with the Reset to Default button can be replaced with the Original LiveTiles Reach logo.
Note: This feature is preview. Please contact us if you want to try this feature.
In the "Favicon" section, press the Upload button
Select and insert the desired logo from your tray. Notes: the logo should be square and it has to be an PNG file.
You can customize your LiveTiles Reach app's colour scheme to your organisation's branding using a base colour and an accent colour. The easiest way to choose one of the included colour schemes is to:
Or you can click Base Colour or sp. Highlight colour to determine the two colours directly over their colour values (Hex or RGB). LiveTiles Reach automatically determines the complete schema from these two colours.
Select "Use the highlight color for highlights on white background" if you want to use the highlight color instead of the base color. This makes sense if the base color is chosen rather light -and the highlight color rather dark.
You will also notice as per the above image, that we automatically provide a rating through the built-in contrast checker. This checker uses the WCAG 2.0 formula to identify your colour contrast ratio in order to ensure you are compliant from an accessibility pov.
Choose a name
Good names are difficult to find, but unlike a company name, you don't have to pay attention to the availability of domains because you only use the name internally.
Nevertheless: the name is extremely important, because it stands for your culture, is intended to inspire and motivate your employees, and at the same time to make the role of your employee app clear.
Inspiration for names:
- Simple, generic names, such as "Employee App" or "Employee Portal" in combination with your company logo.
- Names related to communication, such as "Wire", "Forum", "Village" or "Plaza" in combination with your company logo or your own app logo.
- Person names, such as "James" or "Ronda", possibly in combination with their own user profile, which can then also be used as a bot.
- Fantasy names allude to the activities of your company, such as "The Green" (for a golf course operator) or "Medium" (for an international hospital chain).
The name can be changed at any time on the Customization page and, in addition to the display in the header, is also used in emails sent by LiveTiles Reach:
Create a Login-Link
https://reach.livetiles.io/login allows users to log on to LiveTiles Reach. You can personalize this link with your own ID so that your users can see that they are signing in to a corporate app the first time they log in. As soon as you enter an ID in the Subscription Handle / Link field, your individual login link will be available in the form "https://reach.livetiles.io/id/login. Your company name or the name of your app is best used as an ID (see above).
We have recently also added the ability to configure a Custom URL for your Reach environment. This will make it easier for your users to recognize, remember and trust the URL for the Reach application.
To configure this, please get in touch with your LiveTiles representative.